Monday, May 5, 2014

Blending Flavors

During my monthly shopping trip to Woodman's, slightly comparable to Winco, free samples were being offered. In Wisconsin, free samples are always fantastic. I'm not the biggest fan of Wisconsin, but I am a fan of all the delicious food: fresh cheese, a variety of mom and pop shop specialty meats, etc. The free samples that were offered this week included pizza, bratwurst burgers, BBQ sauce, and my favorite of the day, this Italian sausage with a recipe handed down for a few generations.

This Italian sausage was served in a store bought Alfredo sauce, and happens to be my favorite, and just paired with it perfectly! When I tasted this sausage, as the lady was telling me all about it, I felt like Remmy in Ratatouille, when he's explaining the feeling of blending flavors... Just mmmm!! It was fantastic. I wouldn't normally spend $4 on one pound of meat, but this splurge was worth it to me that day.

I've been dying to make this sausage Alfredo since I tried it. I held off for a few days, but finally caved and made it tonight! I stood in front of the Fettuccini the entire time it cooked to ensure it was perfectly Al dente, and poured a little milk in with the sauce as it simmered with the sausage for perfect flavor blending. I then chopped a fresh spinach and romaine salad with fresh vegetables, feta and Italian dressing, and voilà! Perfect weeknight dinner. I savored every bite, and am looking forward to the leftovers.

Call me crazy all you want, for loving food as much as I do, but when one of your passions is delicious flavor, it happens. Ratatouille explains it perfectly. :)

http://youtu.be/Yyah49_Oz78

No comments:

Post a Comment