Thursday, August 28, 2014

Flexetarian Month – Day 1

Woohoo!! We made it through day 1! I almost caved and got an A&W float on my way home from grocery shopping, but I didn't; go sugar free Amber!

Anyways, flexetarian day one went great!

Breakfast:
Adam – Mushroom, bell pepper, egg and cheese breakfast burrito with salsa
Addi – Cinnamon and unsweetened apple sauce oatmeal
Amber – mashed banana yogurt with homemade artificial sweetener granola (recipe from yesterday)

Lunch:
Amber – Leftover Mexican Quinoa and Black Beans (recipe to come in a few days)
Addi – Tortilla, cubed cheese, fresh broccoli and carrot sticks, unsweetened applesauce

Dinner:
All – Pasta Primavera with Creamy Cauliflower Sauce. Not gonna lie, I was scared of the cauliflower sauce. I've always chosen to stay away from cauliflower. No particiular reason as to why I have, I just haven't felt the need to eat it. But, surprisingly, it was SO good!! Adam even thought it was alright and agreed to have it again. Addi loves veggies, so I wasn't surprised that she enjoyed it too.
I used fresh carrots, broccoli, green beans, and frozen corn for my veggies. And I made half the sauce recipe, and used the whole amount I cooked. The only thing I'd change is adding maybe 1/4-1/3 Cup parmesan cheese to the sauce. Other than that, LOVED it!

Here's the recipe for the Pasta Primavera, and then I used a sauce from a different blog:

Pasta Primavera:
http://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2014/01/recipe-pasta-primavera-creamy-cauliflower-sauce/

Creamy Cauliflower Sauce:
http://pinchofyum.com/creamy-cauliflower-sauce

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment