Friday, January 4, 2013

Shoes, shoes, shoes

Adelaide and I went to the mall tonight to return some clothes and get Addi some shoes! Addi found some cute, sparkly pink Disney Princess ballet flats. She immediately ran over, pulled them off the shelf and tried to put them on. I laughed, mainly because I love that she is such a girly girl! Sadly, they didn't have any in her size, so we went with the plain sparkly silver ballet flats.

After we settled on shoes to purchase, I brought her over to try some tap shoes. I've wanted to get her in tap shoes since she was born, but the smallest size I've been able to find is a 7. Makes sense though, seeing as most dance classes don't start until 18 months. Anyways, I put them on her feet and we walked to the tile. It was hilarious to watch her figure out SHE was making the sound as she walked! As she took steps she first listened hard, then looked around, then looked at her feet and figured it was her all in about 5 seconds. She then did her "happy dance" where she runs in place, says 'yaaaaay' and claps. She LOVED them! She was then ready to bolt out the door until I spoiled her plans by quickly grabbing her wrist.

We didn't by tap shoes today, but soon the day will come when Miss Little Dancer can freely express herself through tap, along with her other miscellaneous dance genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment